Smart Toe® II
Proven. Flexible. Supported.
Stryker’s premier hammertoe treatment, Smart Toe II, pioneered the use of a one-piece, dynamic compression implant for hammertoe correction. Now with over 100,000 implants sold globally, Smart Toe II continues to provide demonstrated clinical outcomes.1,2
- 2x rate of successful fusion when compared to Kirschner wires3
- Successful clinical fusion rates over 90%2
- Less than 1% rate of reported implant failure*
- Dynamic compression and rotational stability
- Flexible patient sizing options
Smart Toe II animation
Smart Toe II Hammertoe Correction
- Catena F, Doty JF, Jastifer J, Coughlin MJ, Stevens F. Prospective study of hammertoe correction with an intramedullary implant. Foot & Ankle International 2014, Vol. 35(4):319-325
- Sandhu, J.S.; Hofbauer, M.H.; DeCarbo, W.T. Digital Arthrodesis with a One-Piece Memory Nitinol Intramedullary Fixation Device: A Retrospective Review. Foot and Ankle Specialist, October 2013, 6(5):364-366
- Angirasa AK, Barrett MJ, Silvester D. Smarttoe implant compared with Kirschner wire fixation for hammer digit corrective surgery: a review of 28 patients. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2012;51(6):711-713.
*According to a Medical Device reporting analysis performed in the Super and Trackwise systems for US reported events on August 3rd, 2015, the reported rate of implant failure for Smart Toe implant breakage between July 1, 2011 and August 3rd, 2015 was less than 1% of total Smart Toe implants sold.
Stryker Corporation or its divisions or other corporate affiliated entities own, use or have applied for the following trademarks or service marks: Smart Toe, Stryker. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners or holders.