An alternative to autograft.
BIO⁴ is the next generation viable bone matrix. It offers four components for bone formation – scaffold for osteoconduction, signals (growth factors) for osteoinduction, viable cells for osteogenesis and, in addition BIO⁴ retains signals that support angiogenic growth factors.1,2
- Contains a three-dimensional endogenous bone matrix.1
- Characterization studies demonstrate that BIO⁴ contains endogenous bone supportive growth factors, including BMPs.1
- Contains endogenous viable mesenchymal stem cells, osteoprogenitor cells and osteoblasts.1
- Contains naturally occurring angiogenic growth factors, such as VEGF, PDGF and bFGF, which have been reported to be important for bone repair.2,3
- Osiris Report – Data on File
- Stevenson et al., “Factors aecting bone gra incorporation”, Clin Orthop Relat Res. (1996)
- Dimitriou et al., “Current concepts of molecular aspects of bone healing”, Injury (2005)
Stryker Corporation or its divisions or other corporate affiliated entities own, use or have applied for the following trademarks or service marks: BIO4, Stryker. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners or holders.